As a parent, ‘Me’ time doesn’t happen very often. So rare, in fact, that it can be hard to decide what to do! Should you catch up on the laundry? Get one of the 57 things on your to-do list done? Nope. Expert advice: take this time to do something that you WANT to do. Not even sure what you want to do? Here’s some ideas!
- Start jammin’! That’s right, dust off the ol’ iPod and listen to something that makes you want to dance! 10 minutes is enough time for at least two songs. Give yourself a mood booster by putting a couple of your favorite tunes on a pump-up playlist. Trust us, it is just the afternoon energy boost that you’ve been seeking!
- Treat yourself! This can mean a variety of things to a variety of people. Whether it means fixing yourself a delicious and healthy snack to get you through the day, putting on a face mask in peace for 10 minutes, or doing a little online shopping, you deserve a little something extra!
- Read or write! Have a head full of thoughts that are taking up space? Get your journal out and get everything down on paper. This practice can help release thoughts that are taking up space and allow you to let go of them. Or, if you’re in the mood to escape, grab a good book and take 10 minutes to venture to another world.
- Pump some iron! Okay, maybe not. But 10 minutes is enough time to get a mini sweat session in, and you can do it anywhere! There are tons of youtube videos and at-home exercises available online, and getting a sweat in releases endorphins, giving you that daily pick-me-up we all need!
- Relax! Maybe the thing you need most in your day is just some peace and quiet. Find a comfy spot, clear your head, and just… sit. Maybe you turn this moment of peace into a meditation session. Give yourself a chance to reset, and get ready for the rest of your day.
10 minutes may not seem like a lot of time, but to a busy parent 10 minutes is everything. Every day, and every person is different. Think about what you’re craving the most out of your day, and spend 10 minutes enjoying whatever that may be. Remember, you deserve it!
If you’re interested in signing up for a monthly newsletter with more tips, tricks, and all things parenting, click here!